A few years ago I shared a list of my go-to books and articles about user research. Recently the folks at Shepherd asked me to compile a list of my choice, and I figured a revised list of recommended books about user research was in order.
The books I recommend for understanding user research are listed here, but please visit Shepherd to learn why I value each book.
- Just Enough Research by Erika Hall
- Interviewing Users by Steve Portigal
- The Field Study Handbook by Jan Chipchase
- The Moment of Clarity by Christian Madsbjerg and Mikkel B. Rasmussen
- How to Make Sense of Any Mess by Abby Covert